The Dark Angels are a come and go crew. They create then disappear like street art. Their works exist in fragments, particles that float, dust motes that spin before the wind that blows them to faraway places. They are individuals that work as one. Deep as oceans, as impenetrable as the night. Art urchins and poets, they dissolve before they form. They are the Dark Angels, they are discharge. They are a bloody mouthful.

Thursday 28 April 2011

Can't wait for Full Moon...

"Wolfman's Claw"

4x6" pencil on sketchpad


It seems that Vampires have adroitly ensconced themselves in our modern world and you should be on guard--they're everywhere, as lushly pointed out by Babalith below. I wanted to find the parallel to werewolves but searching came up dry, and I'm too tired to extrapolate . . . unless . . . a beefy rude fellow rushes through the narrow locker aisle at work, knocking people aside left and right, again today. I wanted--fantasized breaking his legs and gouging out his eyes before breaking his neck. Maybe werewolves are mal-adapted country bumpkins compared to the suave, insidious blood suckers, cursed to exist only in isolated solitary outbursts. Or in the military, or the police force, or the prisons--holy shit! They are everywhere too!


I don't know. I told you I was too tired. Anyways, here's some cool stuff I did find on the internet:




and

Howling at the Moon: Modern-day Lycanthropy.






I thought Benicio Del Toro looked a lot like Lon Chaney Jr., in that recent movie. Loved it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

D7 is goin' great! Alas, I don't have time and energy to comment on everyone's work like I want to. So much, so much! "Exploding" I believe is how C.J. characterized it.
Suffice to say, I feel the flood is of such high quality that I am indulging in the "sin of pride"(tee-hee!) over being included in such creative company.

Keep it comin' you dark, dirty little angels! Keep it comin'!

Babalith said...

^^ Great drawing and I am now bashing on the info - seems to be inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Ah, cool! And thank you.

Babalith said...

I meant bathing! I love lore and also the facts that go with it. Lore can have as many dimensions as are entangled from our roots to our top.

Anonymous said...

Babalith,

What a cool name you have there.

Bathing, bashing, I like the way you're thinking.

Coffee Messiah said...

Great, as always = Cheers!

Ruela said...

GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CM, Thanky! ;-)

Ruela, Obrigado. Muito apreciada!

Mersault, Puno hvala!
(i hope googly got that right. supposed to say, "Thank you very much!")

:-)

jbkrost said...

Very Nice!!
Time to break out the horror flicks and pop-corn